Your Loan Transfer - Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to Freedom Mortgage. We value you as a new customer and we want to make your loan transfer experience as smooth as possible. Below are a few frequently asked questions (FAQs) that may be helpful during this process.
HOW AND WHEN DO I MAKE MY MORTGAGE PAYMENT TO FREEDOM MORTGAGE?
If you received a letter from your current mortgage servicer stating the servicing of your mortgage loan is being transferred to Freedom Mortgage, please note the following:
- Soon you’ll receive a letter from Freedom Mortgage with your new loan number and instructions for paying your mortgage
- You can set up an online account with us and send payments to us after you receive that letter
FOR DITECH TRANSFERS: You can register and make online payments at www.freedommortgage.com on or after July 8, 2016
WHAT HAPPENS IF I JUST MADE A PAYMENT TO MY PRIOR SERVICER?
If you recently made a payment to your prior servicer and would like to know if Freedom Mortgage has a record of all of your payments, you may contact us after the "effective date" listed in the letter you received from Freedom Mortgage related to the servicing transfer for your loan.
- It may take several days for your payment to be reflected in our system
- During this transition, Freedom Mortgage will not charge you a late fee if you made your payments on time to your original servicer
After the effective date of the transfer, please contact Freedom Mortgage Customer Care at (855) 690-5900. Representatives are available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8 am - 10 pm ET and Saturday 9 am - 6 pm ET.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I HAD A RECURRING PAYMENT SET UP BEFORE?
Automatic drafting/deducting of your monthly payment from your bank account will be discontinued on the effective date of your loan transfer.
- Freedom Mortgage will not automatically draft your next payment from your bank account
- Once you have received your new loan number, to apply for automatic drafting please log on to www.freedommortgage.com select Manage Recurring Payments, then Set Up Recurring Payments (DITECH customers may do this on or after July 9, 2016)
- If your monthly payment is sent via an online bill pay service, you must cancel online bill pay OR change the payee and payment address to:
P.O. Box 89486
Cleveland OH, 44101-9486
I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM FREEDOM MORTGAGE WITH MY NEW LOAN NUMBER - HOW DO I LOG ON?
- Have your 10-digit loan number and Social Security number at hand
- When you are selecting a password, please make sure it is at least 8 characters and no more than 21 characters
- Your password must also contain at least one letter and one number
If you are still having trouble, contact Freedom Mortgage Customer Care at (855) 690-5900. Representatives are available to assist you Monday through Friday from 8 am - 10 pm ET and Saturday 9 am - 6 pm ET.