Our goal is to gather just enough information to process a home loan, render an approval decision, or market our products - and we collect most of this information from consumers through our call center, Site, or as part of our application process. Occasionally we gather additional necessary information from public records, credit bureaus, or approved business affiliates and partners.
Information You Provide
We collect information about you (“personal information”) and your use of our Site, some of which may not or may not be personally identifiable. Personal information includes “personal information” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). We collect any information that you provide to us through your access to or use of this Site. This includes, but is not limited to, your personal information such as:
- Real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers;
- Signature, physical characteristics or description, state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, credit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (sex, race, ethnicity, age);
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with the Site or advertisement;
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information;
- Professional (or employment) related information;
- Education information; and
- Any other information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household.
We may use the information that we collect from you to:
- Provide you with the services or products that we offer on the Site;
- Respond to your inquiries, requests, or other service-related purposes;
- Enhance your experience with us, such as tailoring the Site content to your preferences or developing new products or services based on your interactions with the Site;
- Send you information about products or services that we think may be of interest to you;
- Carry out any specific purposes for which we have obtained your prior consent; or
- Conduct any other legitimate business activities not otherwise prohibited by law.
We may also use your information for business purposes such as:
- Auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Short-term, transient use, provided that the personal information is not disclosed to another third party and is not used to build a profile about you or otherwise alter your experience outside the current interaction, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
- Performing services, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services; or
- Any commercial purposes, including any purpose to advance your commercial or economic interests, such as by inducing you to buy, join, subscribe to, provide, or exchange products, property, information, or services, or enabling or effecting, directly or indirectly, a commercial transaction.
We may share information about you with relevant and appropriate third parties in the following situations:
- To our service providers that perform functions on our behalf;
- To protect or enforce our rights or property, to protect your safety or the safety of others, or to investigate, prevent, or take action against fraud or other illegal activities;
- In response to legal process or as otherwise required by law;
- In the event that Freedom Mortgage experiences a business transition or conducts a corporate transaction requiring due diligence, such as a merger, capital investment, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; or
- To conduct any other legitimate business activities not otherwise prohibited by law.
We retain all information in-house except when required to share it with our partners as a necessary function of the lending process. Such partners include title and escrow companies, appraisal services, and to a limited extent, our business affiliates and partners. Freedom Mortgage Corporation does not sell customer information to unaffiliated parties.
To learn more about our privacy practices relating to your personal financial information, please see our federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) Privacy Notice.
The security of your personal information is a top priority at Freedom Mortgage Corporation. We have taken extensive measures to ensure that only authorized people see the information you send to us.
Your financial information is not kept on our web server, but on a different computer that is separated from the Internet. Even in the unlikely event that our website is "hacked," your data will still remain securely out of reach.
While we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security as no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Freedom Mortgage uses online tracking technologies, including cookies, web beacons, tags, pixels and embedded Web links, to help us personalize and improve your Site experience as well as provide you with relevant online advertising.
Cookies are small text files that websites store on your computer. They are managed by your particular web browser and are typically used to store bits of text.
Freedom Mortgage’s Uses of Cookies
When you browse or visit our Site, we may collect information about your use of our Site through cookies. This information could include your browser type and language, access times, and the address of the Site from which you arrived. They may also collect information about your Internet Protocol (IP) address, click stream behavior (i.e., the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with websites or “powered by” websites or mobile apps), and product information.
Cookies help us to personalize your experience with our Site and improve your navigation within the Site by tailoring our Site to your individual preferences. Cookies help you save time if you visit the Site again. For example, if specific programs associated with our Site require a user ID and password, you have the option of requesting that we save that information so that you will not have to re-enter it the next time you access the Site. You can disallow cookies or prevent them from being set by making the appropriate selection from your browser options. However, if you set your browser options to disallow cookies, you may limit the functionality of our Site.
For the Mobile App, you can learn more about which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those cookies by accessing the following website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices from your mobile device. On your mobile device you may also select “Limit Ad Tracking” (on iOS devices) or “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android).
For instructions on disallowing cookies within your particular web browser, click the link with the name of your web browser below:
Even if you disable tracking, keep in mind that you may still receive interest-based advertising, including from third parties with whom your information had been previously disclosed or advertising from third parties that is not based on your behavior, interests, and preferences.
The Site does not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
This Site is not intended for use by children or minors. We do not knowingly solicit information from children, and we do not knowingly market to children. Please notify us immediately if you believe that we may have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 years, so that we can delete such information.
California Privacy Rights
Under the CCPA, California residents have the right to:
- Request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer which the business has collected from the consumer.
- Request that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer, free of charge, the following:
- The categories of personal information that it has collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- Request that a business that sells the consumer’s personal information, or that discloses it for a business purpose disclose, free of charge, to the consumer:
- The categories of personal information that the business collected about the consumer.
- The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- Direct a business that sells personal information about the consumer to third parties not to sell the consumer’s personal information.
You may submit a request under the CCPA through the following methods:
- You may call us toll-free at 1-855-920-0594.
- You may submit a request through our webform here.
To submit a request, we are required to verify your identity. Please be prepared to provide us with your first and last name, primary telephone number, e-mail address, and current address. We will match the personal information that you provide to us with personal information that we already maintain about you in order to verify your identity. We may also need to contact you to confirm your request.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make such requests on your behalf. You have two ways to accomplish that. First, you may provide your authorized agent with written and signed permission to make such requests. Second, you may provide your authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code Sections 4000 to 4465. Regardless of which option you choose, (1) you must (a) verify your identity directly with us and (b) confirm directly with us that you have given permission to the authorized agent to make such requests and (2) your authorized agent must submit proof that you have authorized him/her/them to make such requests on your behalf. If the authorized agent is unable or unwilling to submit such proof, we may deny such requests.
We may not be able to honor each request that we receive, but if we are unable to do so, we will respond to let you know our reasons. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of your rights as described in this section.