Freedom Mortgage Celebrates Another Successful Year in 2021
Company serviced more than 1.9 million borrowers and won several major workplaces awards
Boca Raton, FL – January 24, 2022 – Freedom Mortgage, one of the largest full-service mortgage companies and the top VA and top FHA (government-insured) lender in the U.S., and its wholly-owned subsidiary, RoundPoint Mortgage, finished another successful year in 2021 led by the company’s servicing business, which grew to nearly 1.9 million U.S. borrowers. The company also won several prestigious awards last year while its employees rallied together to volunteer and fundraise for many worthy causes.
"Last year’s sharp fluctuations in interest rates caused significant disruption to our business, but we were able to stay the course and focus on helping our customers, especially those who were on forbearance plans or working on getting off of them," said Stanley C. Middleman, founder and CEO of Freedom Mortgage. "Through it all, our employees from across the country fundraised to support multiple nonprofits, including local food banks, children of military families, and veterans. I couldn’t be prouder of our team."
Freedom Mortgage’s key accomplishments in 2021 included:
- The company provided mortgages to nearly 500,000 consumers and families across the country totaling over $131 billion in origination volume.
- In March, the company originated nearly $19 billion in loan volume, representing nearly 71,000 closed loans, a new monthly record.
- Freedom Mortgage and its wholly owned subsidiary, RoundPoint Mortgage, serviced nearly 1.9 million homeowners across the country as of December 31, 2021, up from 1.6 million as of December 31, 2020. The company’s servicing portfolio rose from over $340 billion in loans to nearly $400 billion.
- The company was named one of Newsweek’s 2021 Most Loved Workplaces, a list of the top 100 companies ranked by employee happiness and satisfaction.
- The company was honored as a 2021 Top Workplaces USA company for building a people-centered culture and giving employees a voice.
- Freedom Mortgage joined the Inc. 5000 Honor Roll for making it on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. for the seventh time.
- The company offered additional free financial resources to its customers, connecting them to more than 20,000 nonprofit and government entities providing food assistance, programs to pay for electricity, and more.
- Freedom Mortgage also brought back its Celebrate Freedom Award contest to recognize a service member, veteran, first responder or healthcare worker. Brent Evanoff won the grand prize for his service as a registered nurse and a veteran who has served as a firefighter and paramedic for the city of Omaha.
Lastly, the company and its employees supported several organizations, including Feeding America®, the USO, MBA Opens Doors Foundation, The Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. In addition to monetary donations, many employees gave back to their local communities by volunteering over 1,000 hours of their time. Click here to watch a recap of Freedom Mortgage’s philanthropic activities in 2021.
For more information on Freedom Mortgage, please visit FreedomMortgage.com.
About Freedom Mortgage Corporation
Founded in 1990 and headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, Freedom Mortgage is a full-service mortgage company that provides mortgage loans through retail, wholesale, and correspondent channels. One of the nation’s largest loan originators and servicers, the company is licensed in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Freedom Mortgage is the #1 VA and #1 FHA (government-insured) lender in the U.S. (Inside Mortgage Finance, Jan-Sept 2021) and one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO of Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey. The company is also renowned for its vibrant work environment where its team members can thrive. In 2021, Freedom Mortgage was named one of Newsweek’s Most Loved Workplaces and a Top Workplaces USA. Additionally, the company recently joined the Inc. 5000 Honor Roll for being recognized for the seventh time as one of the fastest growing companies across the country. Freedom Mortgage’s mission is to foster homeownership for all consumers across America. For more information, please visit Freedom Mortgage.
Recent Press Releases
November 1, 2023
Join the company and its employees' Nov. 1 - 28, to provide holiday gifts for children across the country through Toys for Tots, the Salvation Army, and the Children’s Hospital of PhiladelphiaLearn More
October 18, 2023
In addition to being identified as a top place to work nationwide, Freedom Mortgage wins in Employee Well-Being and Professional ExcellenceLearn More
August 15, 2023
Top VA and FHA lender makes prestigious Inc. 5000 list for the ninth timeLearn More