Buy & Refinance: 877-220-5533
Customer Service: 855-690-5900
If you are a resident of California, you may have the right under applicable law to make certain requests about the personal information we maintain about you, and who we disclose it to.
Click here for information for Employment Applicants Residing in California
IMPORTANTLY, THESE RIGHTS DO NOT APPLY TO INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT OR OBTAIN IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR APPLICATION FOR A FINANCIAL PRODUCT OR SERVICE OR IN THE COURSE OF PROVIDING YOU WITH FINANCIAL SERVICES.
Under the CCPA, California residents have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects personal information about the consumer disclose to the consumer, free of charge, the following:
- The categories of personal information including sensitive personal information, that it has collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information, including sensitive personal information, is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information or sensitive personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information or sensitive personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information and sensitive personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- Request that a business that sells or shares the consumer’s personal information, including sensitive personal information, or that discloses it for a business purpose disclose, free of charge, to the consumer:
- The categories of personal information and sensitive personal information that the business collected about the consumer.
- The categories of personal information or sensitive personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information or sensitive personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information or sensitive personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- The categories of personal information or sensitive personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
- Request that a business delete any personal information about the consumer which the business has collected from the consumer (subject to certain exceptions).
- Request that a business correct inaccurate personal information.
- Direct a business that sells or shares personal information about the consumer to third parties not to sell or share the consumer’s personal information. We do not sell or share your personal information with third parties (excluding service providers, facilitating transactions, for legal purposes and other such permitted circumstances). Therefore, the right to opt-out of sales or sharing is not applicable.
- Direct a business to limit use and disclosure of sensitive personal information. We do not use your sensitive personal information except as necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services or to perform other services as permitted under applicable law. We also do not collect or process sensitive personal information with the purpose of inferring characteristics about you using such sensitive personal information. Therefore, the right to limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information is not applicable.
California residents may submit a request under the CCPA through the following methods:
- call us toll-free at 1-855-920-0594; or
- complete the fields in the form below.
To submit a request, we are required to verify your identity. Please be prepared to provide us with your first and last name, primary telephone number, e-mail address, and current address. We will match the personal information that you provide to us with personal information that we already maintain about you in order to verify your identity. We may also need to contact you to confirm your request.
You may also designate an authorized agent to make such requests on your behalf. You have two ways to accomplish that.
- You may provide your authorized agent with written and signed permission to make such requests.
- You may provide your authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code Sections 4000 to 4465.
Regardless of which option you choose,
- you must (a) verify your identity directly with us, and (b) confirm directly with us that you have given permission to the authorized agent to make such requests, and
- your authorized agent must submit proof that you have authorized him/her/them to make such requests on your behalf. If the authorized agent is unable or unwilling to submit such proof, we may deny such requests.
We may not be able to honor each request that we receive. If we are unable to do so, we will respond to let you know our reasons. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of your rights as described in this section.
If you are a borrower from Freedom Mortgage, or we’re servicing your loan, or you submitted an application, or you filled out a form online to start the process, your rights are set forth in the California Financial Information Privacy Act. To see and exercise those rights, go to our California Financial Information Privacy Act Notice.
Notice At Collection
For Applicants Residing In California
Freedom Mortgage Corporation (the “Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is providing you with this Notice At Collection For Applicants Residing In California (“Notice”) to inform you about:
- the categories of Personal Information, including Sensitive Personal Information, that the Company collects about applicants who reside in California; and
- the purposes for which the Company uses that Personal Information;
- whether that Personal Information is sold or shared; and
- how long the Company retains that Personal Information.
For purposes of this Notice,
"Personal Information" means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural person that the Company collects about its applicants, who reside in California, in their capacity as applicants for positions with the Company.
Assistance For Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please contact Recruiting@FreedomMortgage.com for assistance.
- Identifiers And Professional Or Employment-Related Information
Personal Information Collected: The Company collects identifiers and professional or employment-related information, including the following:
Identifiers: real name, nickname or alias, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, signature, online identifier,.
Professional or Employment-Related Information: evaluations, membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, and employment history.
Sensitive Personal Information: Social Security number, driver’s license number or state identification card number, passport number, sex, and racial or ethnic origin.
- Purposes of Use:
- To evaluate applicants’ qualifications for employment with the Company
- To communicate with applicants
- For diversity and inclusion purposes
- To arrange and manage Company-sponsored events
- To create a talent pool for future job openings
- For recordkeeping purposes
- To demonstrate applicants’ agreement to, or acceptance of, documents presented to them, e.g., pre-employment arbitration agreement, acknowledgement of employment application, offer letter
- To evaluate and improve the recruiting process
Monitoring, Security, And Compliance:
- To monitor use of Company information systems and other electronic resources
- To conduct internal audits
- To conduct internal investigations
- To protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities
- To report suspected criminal conduct to law enforcement and cooperate in investigations, as and if required.
Characteristics Of Protected Classifications Under California Or Federal Law
The Company collects information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, and for purposes of diversity analytics.
The Company also uses this Personal Information for purposes including: (a) with respect to disability and/or medical condition, as necessary, to comply with Federal and California law related to accommodation; and (b) with respect to age, incidentally to the use of birth date for identity verification.
The Company collects this category of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis, except where collection is required by law, and uses the information only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Sensory Or Surveillance Data
Personal Information Collected: The Company collects sensory or surveillance data, including the following: audio/visual recordings of interviews and footage from video surveillance cameras.
Purposes of Use: to protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities and personnel through video surveillance, to evaluate the applicant for employment, to monitor compliance with Company policies, and to provide training.
Non-Public Education Information
Personal Information Collected: The Company collects education information.
Purposes of Use: to evaluate applicants’ qualifications for employment with the Company and to conduct a pre-employment background check.
Background Screening Information
Personal Information Collected: The Company collects background screening information, including results of the following types of background screening which may include but not limited to: criminal history; sex offender registration; motor vehicle records; credit history; employment history; and educational history. Note: This Notice does not cover background screening governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which is subject to other notice requirements.
Purposes of Use: to evaluate applicants’ qualifications for employment with the Company.
Purposes Potentially Applicable To Any Of The Categories Of Personal Information Listed Above
The Company also may use applicants' Personal Information to facilitate administrative functions and information technology operations and for legal reasons and corporate transactions. These functions include, but are not limited to the following:
to manage and operate information technology and communications systems, risk management and insurance functions, budgeting, financial management and reporting, strategic planning;
to manage litigation involving the Company, and other legal disputes and inquiries and to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
in connection with a corporate transaction, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, divestiture, or other changes of control or financial status of the Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates; and to manage licenses, permits and authorizations applicable to the Company's business operations.
Sale or Sharing of Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information
The Company does not sell your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information. For any of the above business purposes, we may disclose any of the categories of personal information that we collect to service providers, contractors, affiliates, and other third parties.
Retention of Personal Information
The Company retains all Personal Information for so long as is required by law and in accordance with our internal data retention policies. We will not retain your Personal Information for longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes disclosed in this Notice.