Customers in FEMA-declared disaster areas, who have been impacted by a recent natural disaster:
Depending on your loan type and the nature of your hardship, we have a number of ways to help. Please call us at 855-690-5900 to confirm if you are eligible for:
- A temporary reduction or suspension of payments. We refer to this as a “forbearance” and once the time period ends, you may have different options to catch up on past due payments.
- Late fee forgiveness.
- Suspended adverse credit bureau reporting for a period of time.
- Temporary removal of “check by phone fees” so you can pay the way that’s most convenient.
- Suspension of active foreclosure, or the initiation of new foreclosure on your home.
- Please also see our COVID-19 update for Freedom Mortgage customers.
Please be sure to call us so that we can confirm specific support for you personally, depending upon your loan type and the nature of your hardship. You can reach us at 855-690-5900 every Monday to Friday, from 8am to 8pm EST, as well as Saturdays from 9am to 2pm EST. You can also access your account to send your questions to our secured Message Center. We will do our best to help you in every way that we can.
Would you like to help those affected by the recent storms? Consider making a contribution to the American Red Cross or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation. Every donation big and small can help those in need of assistance.